Home Insurance Claims
Home Insurance Claim Form Downloads:
Property Claims Procedure
- If your home has been broken into or personal possessions outside of the home have been stolen, report the loss to the Police immediately.
- If anyone is injured, call for emergency assistance as soon as possible.
- If possible, record the incident with a camera or make a sketch plan of the accident while the details are fresh in your mind. Photos showing the extent of the damage and method of entry can be important for burglary claims.
- All damaged property should be kept and available for inspection by the insurer.
- Inform your insurance company and broker / agent as soon as possible and they will provide instruction and / or assistance. Insurance companies may send a 'loss adjuster' to assess the damage and give you further instructions on what to do if your property is uninhabitable.
- Complete the claim form and return it to your insurance company together with a full description of the incident.
- Original documents showing the value of the loss/damaged item(s) should be submitted. This is particularly important for unusual or high value items.
- If the damaged property can be repaired, original repair receipts should be provided.
- If the damaged property needs to be replaced the original purchase receipts and/or quotations should be provided.
- A police report (with number and address of the police station) should be submitted with any theft of property submission.
Liability Claims Procedure
- Complete the claim form and return it to your insurance company together with a full description of the incident. This should be done whether or not you have received a claim from the third party.
- Do not admit liability or offer to make a payment to any third party without the insurance company's approval.
- If possible record the incident with a camera or make a sketch plan of the incident while the details are fresh in your mind. Photos showing the extent of the damage are the best way to record the incident.
- Provide a copy of the building management's incident report if available and any remedial action that has been taken.
- Forward any correspondence, summons or writs to the insurer unanswered.
If you require further information on Home Insurance, or need any help with the details of your insurance policy, please conact us today.